Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Misused Bible Verses That Should Concern You – Proverbs 22:6. James A.E. MacLellan


Is Proverbs 22:6 a promise given to good parents?

Raised in a Christian home with a godly influence, I should have known better.  Observing two other siblings who seemed to follow the “path of righteousness,” attend Christian institutes and marry Christian spouses, enter fulltime ministry, should have impressed me. But for some reason I chose the “path of wickedness”.   But in my early 30’s God intercepted my free-fall and changed my life.  It would not have been out of line for my parents to give thanks to God who kept His Word, where He spoke through Solomon: “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6, ESV).

However, is that valid?  Does God assure us that if we raise a child “in the way he should go” that this provides that necessary hope to parents that he or she will return, no matter what?  The answer is found in a correct interpretation of the proverb.  

Interpreting the Book of Proverbs

The Book of Proverbs is a collection of wisdom and insight attributed to four authors . . .

TO READ MORE CLICK HERE.



_____________________________________________________
James MacLellan is the Senior Pastor at Elk Point Baptist Church.  He is married to Debra and they have three grown daughters.

No comments: